Frequently asked questions
What Is Pope Rabbitry Sales Policy?
- We do not sell any rabbits under 8 weeks old.
- All rabbits for sale are in excellent health and are free from congenital defects.
- Our rabbits pairs are sold on a reservation based system. We accept cash, Venmo or Paypal for forms of payment. With your purchase, you will receive the rabbits, a transitional bag of food (Nature Crest complete feed) and a 48-hour health guarantee.
- For the 48-hour health guarantee, if your rabbits become sick or die during the first 48 hours, you can return it to us for a full refund or replacement. Please notify us immediately by e-mail if this is the case. We cannot be held responsible for problems that arise after 48 hours, though we will work with you to help and offer assistance. Health guarantees are only valid if the rabbits are held in quarantine and seperated from other animals. We suggest a minimum of 10-days quarantine before introducing your rabbits to other animals.
- We do not ship rabbits. They must be picked up at our farm, Pope Rabbitry.
- Rabbits must be paid in full before leaving our care. We accept cash, Venmo or Paypal at the time of purchase.
- Youth under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at the time of purchase. You will be given basic instructions on handling, feeding, and nail trimming at pick-up. Bring a carrier or box with ventilation holes to transport your rabbit home.
- You, as the buyer, are responsible to care for your rabbits after purchase. This means that you will provide each rabbit with a clean cage/hutch, fresh food and water daily, regular nail trimming, and provide appropriate attention and exercise.
- If you are no longer able to care for a rabbit purchased from us, we will gladly take it back if we have cage space available. No refund will be given. You can donate the cage/hutch back with the rabbit to increase the likelihood of it finding a new home.
Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. We know you will be delighted with our beautiful rabbits and look forward to working with you to make your rabbit-keeping adventure a success!
What Breed Rabbits Do You Have? How Much Do They Cost?
At Pope Rabbitry, you will find New Zealand White rabbits and New Zealand/Holland Lop rabbits. We specialize in cross breeding our New Zealand Whites with our New Zealand/Holland Lop crosses to create the ideal meat rabbit to introduce to your homestead. They are a hearty rabbit with great meat production, and they have exceptional temperment for easy interaction and handling.
What Should I Expect From Your Breeding Pairs?
At Pope Rabbitry, we pride ourselves in creating an ideal breeding pairs for your homestead. Most of our customers choose to pair one of our large New Zealand Whites with one of our New Zealand/Holland Lop crosses. This can be done as a buck/doe pair or doe/buck pair. You will always be guaranteed to receive NON-RELATED pairs at Pope Rabbitry.
How Do I Purchase A Breeding Pair?
Pope Rabbitry is accessable BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. We open reservations 1 week prior to pick-up, and our pairs are sold on a reservation basis after booking an appointment on our website. Visit our RESERVATIONS page to reservere an appointment for your breeding pairs today.